Monday, February 19, 2007

Undressed

Yesterday was a pretty big shopping day for me. At the height of holiday shopping, I hit up all my favorite joints. I went to the Barney’s Warehouse Sale-I usually go at the beginning, check out the hock and then go back at the end because it all gets marked down. When you walk into the sale, they check your bag, it’s not unusual and I’m totally cool with it. Although yesterday, I didn’t have any bags, I had a purse. Yes, my purse is slightly bigger than other purses, but I did not think they would check that too. The nice bag check lady/man asked me for my purse, and I didn’t really want to give it to her/him simply because I saw other shoppers carrying theirs. So I said “you want my purse?” and some woman that was giving in her bags answers “yes, they take purses”. Who was she? Does she work there? No! Just mind your own business lady! But whatever, I checked my bag, and you know what-it was for the best, one less thing for me to carry.
A few stops later, I was in Daffy’s. I was desperately in search of a photo album. As I was browsing, I passed by the dressing room. Instead of saying “fitting room” or “dressing room” on top, it said “undressing room”. All I could think was how clever these Daffy’s folks are! I mean they’re totally right, you go into the room and get undressed, yeah, you get dressed again, but calling it an undressing room just seems to make much more sense! We can all learn a few tips from Daffy’s-and there they don’t check your purse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home