Sunday, September 03, 2006

How Low Can You Go?

Right now, I happen to love long undershirts for a number of reasons. I like how it looks when I am wearing my black long sleeve tee, and I have my mustard yellow undershirt popping out. I love it how I can bend down and no one will see my back sticking out. Also it adds to the whole layering look, and makes the proportions of my outfit totally off.....I loooove long undershirts! To quote a friend on a recent day of shopping, "Al, your undershirt is so long, I want to tie a belt around it and call it a dress". Now, my undershirt was not that long. It was maybe longer than your average Gap body tank, but by no means was it long enough to declare it a dress. Wearing the undershirt was originally done so if I was wearing a top that was too low cut, one wouldn't be able to see down my shirt. Eventually I wanted my tank to be high enough by my neck but also long enough by my love handles, as a number of years went by, it was purely a comfort thing. It didn't matter how the "overshirt" looked, or how much it covered, I would have to wear an undershirt underneath, no questions asked. However, in a recent shopping spree at Anthropologie, it was employee appreciation week, and I had to buy those super long tanks for $6, yes, they are kinda long, but I love 'em!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home