Saturday, September 09, 2006

Get a Room

In a weird way I will openly admit that I miss Queens College, not so much the college itself, but the friends and hock. At QC I was hot stuff walking and couldn't go 3 yards without waving to someone across campus. In my 3rd and last year I really caught on, I learned how to get free quadra-colored pens and Starbucks in the evenings, I even had my own locker! While all that jazz truly rocked, there was one thing that always gave me the willies: PDA Couples!!! Whatever, I live in the city, and I see all sorts of colorful people on the train on a daily basis ranging from exhibitionists to missionaries, but PDA couples? Ew. Tonight I decided to spread my wings as a social butterfly and attend a roof-deck party. I felt ultra glam in black tee, super-long tank, sold-out Anthro denim skirt (sorry for rubbing it in Tam, but ha-ha), and $1 headband from the Russian flea market. Just to get into the building the man asked me how old I was, no one ever asks me how old I am, I quickly responded 21, "But wait, I'm 22. Wanna see some ID?"I blurted. The nice man said it better not be fake, but mine is not fake for 2 reasons, first one, it has the hologram , how can one fake the hologram? And secondly, it's my learner's permit. If I was faking it, I would fake it right. Fine, so I get in, go in the elevator and reach the top floor. For some reason a man thought it was totally cool to grab my butt and direct me the right way. I could have pounded him,but I really wasn't up for it. I was greeted by some of the coolest people I will ever meet and about 90 minutes later I busted out of the joint. The elevator ride down. Just some background, this party was in a hotel, a very nice hotel. In the vator down there was this sickening PDA couple and everyone in the vator was just giggling under their breath. At first I thought it was me being immature, but the second these guys left, everyone burst out laughing. I'll close with the line the gentleman behind me said: "I was going to tell them to get a room, but we're in a hotel, so they probably have one". Shavua Tov.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home