Monday, September 11, 2006

Gazoontite

Maybe I happen to be a very considerate person, but when I go shopping and try on stuff, I have the decency to put the stuff on the hangers in the same way I found it. There are times that I will even put it back where I got it from, but that's just because I am considerate. But whether you are considerate like me or not, I still think that after trying on some merchandise, you should at the very least hang it back up, you can even leave it in the fitting room. The store in a sense is lending you their apparel for a few moments, the folks in the fitting room make you feel welcome, they offer you their assistance, the least you can do is return it to them the way you got it! Today I worked in the Anthro fitting room for an hour, and some punk old lady had the chutzpah to not only leave the clothing laying all over the place, but she left a dirty tissue. Who does that? a dirty tissue? and I can't even defend her actions and give the her the benefit of the doubt that it was old and fell out of her sleeve, because trust me, I had to pick it up and it was all fresh and moist.
in a recent study done by 2 friends of mine this afternoon, they went into a bathroom stall and wanted to see how many people wash their hands after using the facilities. They observed for about 20 minutes and found that 8 out of 10 people washed their hands. That means that about 1 out 5 people are walking around with their hands soiled. Then these people go to stores, try on clothing and get sales associates like myself soiled.
there are many ways to be considerate, this doesn't just mean going out of your way to walk by every sanitation worker or cop just to stop to say thank you, it would be nice if everyone did that, but face it, there are shy people out there too. So if you don't plan on doing that, just wash your hands!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home