Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Kawww

Kaw is the sound pigeons make, right? This morning I was out of the house making excellent timing and of course I happened to be ridingon a train that was moving slower than a pigeon and then it stalled for about 20 minutes. I got off the F train on 23rd and 6th 9:04, class starts at 9:10 on 27th and 8th on the 7th floor. It may sound close, but that's 4 blocks plus one and a half avenue blocks and pedestrian traffic was like the kind you see at Macys during holiday season. I ran, I was literally running through the streets- running, and when I run, I smile. I was running and smiling through the streets. By 9:09 I made it to the B building(class is in the A building, but I can only find the room when I enter through the B building). Class starts for the entire school at 9:10, so everyone that was on the escalator was late, this is the only time that it is acceptable to walk up the escalator. So everyone is walking, except for the young women in front of me because she had to wear stiletto boots. That kinda got me thinking, when is Gucci gonna come out with peep-toe boots? I have never seen them before, they would be hot stuff. Interesting. Anyway, so this girl in front of me isn't moving, and it was now 9:10, I cannot be late for this class, but I couldn't push through either, that would be rude. I would rather be late than rude. Once I reached 7, I ran through the halls and made it to my class at 9:12, of course the only empty seat is in the dead center of the front row, I think that's my permanent seat at this point. And what a miracle, the professor was writing a 6 month plan on the board, and he had his back faced to the class, and there I sat gasping for air and sweating like a fat man. I made it.
After that I knew I deserved a good lunch. I arranged to meet 2 friends at Milk and Honey, where I had a wicked awesome salad and a complementary everything bagel. The place was pretty happening so we took it to go in the park across the the street. As I took out my salad, the everything topping had gotten all over the place, so I shook it off on the ground. Big mistake. Before I knew it, pigeons from far and wide had come to eat the seeds. They were all over the place, under my chair-I kicked a pigeon, it was disgusting. After me yelling "Kawww, Kawwww", they still didn't leave, so I sat on my feet for the remainder of the meal. As I left I was drinking my Snapple, and reading the "real fact" under the cap. "A pigeon's feathers weigh more than their bones". You better believe it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home