Thursday, September 21, 2006

Let's Go Jews

The rally. That's all we spoke about in high school, the biggest hock ever was going to the rally. Yesterday I went to "the rally". I didn't really get in, but it was definitely a hock. I saw everyone and anyone's younger sibling, and of course I made sure to embarrass them to the best of my ability by shouting out "Hey, it's Malki's brother!, " Yoooo, Tali's sister!", "Wasssup Michael's sister!" she's like, you know I have a name, right? The streets were beyond packed, the barricades were up and running and pedestrian traffic was at it's peak. And it was because of us! So shout out to the Jews.
On a different note, I left my cell phone at home today. It wasn't on purpose, just with the high holy days approaching I have a lot to do in the morning. I didn't realize that I forgot my phone until I hit the train station, and since I was already running late, I couldn't go back home. I looked at is as a test. I have a very close relationship with my phone. It is my watch, camera and much much more. I must look at my phone about 130 times during the day. I use it to text during class and then shmooze after. People with cell phones used to look cool, they look as though they are popular and have someone to talk to when in fact they are so bored with themselves they are just talking to the some person who happens to have the same schedule. When you see someone you kinda know approaching you, but you don't want to say hi, you take out your cell and stare as though you just received a text from the president. I admit it, I do that, but I am trying to break the habit. It is no longer cool to look at your cell. I saw this as an opportunity, could I survive without a cell? Let's see.
OK, so I made it through half the day. I used my Ipod to tell time. My friend was running late to class so she had texted me. I missed that one. a friend of mine wanted to do lunch, I missed that too. Another friend who I talk to everyday around the same time just wanted to shmooze, and I missed that. Bottom line, I don't need the cell for me, I need it strictly for others. I'm not dumping my phone, I love him, I wouldn't do such a thing. All I'm saying is that sometimes you need to go on a break, it will only help our relationship in the long run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home