Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Who Needs Friends When You Have Torah?

Fine, I don't totally agree with the title because for the past 22 years I had both. I admit it was a little funny when I got stuck in the staircase, and when for the life of me I couldn't get into the caf. It was even a little funny when I couldn't find the bathroom, but on week #4, I still find myself walking into class late because I got lost on my way up. As for friends, I'm pretty much set with my lifelong friends, so I'm not really concerned about that. Maybe I'll turn on some "Al-charm", that'll work the crowd.
I find that I only enjoy classes that I participate in, today was good, but tomorrow is probably gonna be 3 hours of Su Doku, I'm getting real good at it. I really touched when my advertising professor said "I've been hearing a lot from you, what's your name?" The professor asked me my name! It may not sound like a big deal, but none of my peers have asked me my name. Some chick from class saw me in the bookstore one day and said her professor kept calling her Alison Siegel, and she thought of me. she's nice, I guess I like her. Another girl tracked me down after my unforgettable presentation to ask me if I had a partner for the final project. Somehow I think I attract the internationals more than the locals. I was walking somewhere, not so sure where I am in this place, and 2 fellow classmates from Bangkok said Hi. That was sweet. Perhaps I'm just being a drama queen, at least people remember me, it's not like I'm the nebby girl that sits in the back that is invisible. I guess I'm just a pretty intimidating kinda gal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home