Thursday, September 14, 2006

Do I Look Confused?

You know when there's a kid that's really smart and their parents skip them ahead to the next grade simply because they are bored with the material they are learning? Well today I was sitting in class, and this professor wants to make sure everyone is understanding the material so for about 7 minutes she went around the room asking everyone one-by-one if they get. This class isn't rocket science. Yes, I know what 10% of 100 is. No, further explanation won't be necessary at this time. a few minutes later she put a problem on the board. In a matter of seconds I came up with the solution. outloud, I said the answer is 12.5%, she wrote my correct answer on the board. Then she looks at me straight in the eye, and said "do you get it, you look confused". I shot her a nasty look and said "but professor, I just gave you the answer". She said "well you like you're either confused or bored". My response was "I'm bored, very very bored".
By lunch hour I usually have an accumulation of about 4 different newspapers. There's my AM New York, Metro, The Daily News and of course WWD. I'm going through a phase at the moment where I try to sound as intelligent and worldly as possible, so all I wanted was a quiet lunch with me and my papers. I had a rather elegant lunch at J2 in the upstairs part, it was more quiet than a library, it was awesome. Until this man walked in and started talking to himself, then 2 older came up and I was more focused on their pathetic conversation than my Women's Wear Daily. It was so awkward, one man sits down and announces that some dude's wife just passed away, a few minutes go by until the other guy said "well did you hear that Irv and his wife are getting divorced?", 3 minute pause. "Hmmm, I think I'm going to cash in my 401K this week". The 2 men were going back and forth until I just got up and left.
On 32nd and 7th, I see some chick talking on her cell phone and trying to catch a cab at the same time. She didn't put out her arm like a civilized person, she shouted, and I mean shouted "CAB" and when a cab passed her she started cursing him out. What an idiot.
In my afternoon class, the professor was doing this PowerPoint presentation and had the light off on my side room. I was falling into quasi-nap mode when I suddenly had the urge to explore building C of FIT. I rub my eyes but to see the entire left side of the room so deep into their naps they were in head bob mode.
Quite the day, but get this, I didn't get lost!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home