Monday, September 25, 2006

Life As a Frummy Part I

Is "Frummy" an English word? Because today at work one of my co-workers was trying this rather bland looking dress and as she checked herself out in the mirror, she said "this dress makes me look like such a frummy", I nodded in agreement. Although thought that was our thing! Now this chick is definitely NOT Jewish because she was working this past Shab, which was Rosh Hashana, so even if she was a little bit Jewish the fact that she was working on Rosh Hashana takes that away. But fine. So as many of you know, I work at Anthro and they put me on call a lot. That means that about 2 hours before I'm "on call", I call and ask if they need me. They usually don't, so I didn't bother to find a replacement when I saw that I was down for the 3-8 shift on a fast day. As a I woke up from my nap today at about 1:45 today, I decided to call in and confirm that they don't need me, and guess what? They needed me, what are the odds? So I went in, and there were more Jews shopping than ever, because if a frum Jewish girl can't eat, she shops. So at around 6:30 these 3 girls come in to try on mountains of skirts, and one by one they asked me my opinion. I'm pretty honest about stuff like that, because who am I kidding, if it doesn't look good, they will come back and return it. So I told the girl that I didn't like the skirt. I really didn't, I think it is the ugliest skirt I have ever seen and does not deserve to be sold at Anthro, so it may have looked good on her, but the ugliness of the skirt is so blinding, I felt like I had to tell her that I just don't like it. Then one of her friends asked me what I thought of some other skirt. It was plain and black, nothing special, not worth $188, so I told her that I didn't love it. Now here I was in a long sleeve turtle neck shirt(dark purple), and a full circle drop waist denim skirt(from Anthro, so I was allowed to wear it)that fell right below my knee, and super hot Mocs from J Crew, probably the most comfortable shoes me feet have ever been in. I was epitome of Jewish girl working at Anthro, and this girl starts explaining "well we need to wear skirts on a regular basis...." So I do I punk! I didn't say that, instead I pretended to be interested. At last they left, and shocker, they didn't buy anything!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home