Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Going the Extra Mile

Today on the job some pregnant lady came into the fitting room. She was wearing an Anthro shirt and was holding a few items. She kept coming out and looking in the mirror in disgust, "I look too fat", "I can't look at myself", "I'm only going to get bigger" were some of the comments I heard. I kept encouraging her that she looked cute, and then I remembered something. Some pregnant chick came in 2 weeks ago and tried on this shirt and it fit her perfectly. "I know just what you should try on, can I get a runner to the fitting room please", I walkied. I told the runner a few items to bring on over. She tried them on and they fit the lady beautifully! She called her husband into the room, I thought it was a little weird, he was in the room with her for about 15 minutes. The room isn't more than 6 square feet, I wonder what they were doing in there. The lady came out to thank me, and then I told her about a maternity sample sale. She was ecstatic! In the end she made the purchase-almost $500 for 4 items! The lesson here: In life it is important to go the extra mile. As we are now in the midst of Aseret Yimei T'shuva, I say we all try to go the extra mile-it feels great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home