Saturday, September 30, 2006

Shop To It!

Old Navy has such clever lines, originating with "Get your fash' on", and my new Old Navy credit card which reads "Shop to it", what brilliant folks over at Gap Inc. On a different note, I'm reminded of a funny incident that happened a little over a month ago-if you've heard the story, deal with it. I went to West Orange for the weekend with my good pal Malki. We slept in the downstairs of a Condo, nice place. Seeing that I'm the shiksa(goy) of the bunch, when I heard them saying they wanted to go to shul(synogoue) at 8 something in the morning, I said, how bout I'll go with your mom at 10:15. Honestly, I get so antsy if I'm there too long and I find that my prayers are more meaningful if I'm not antsy, so it only makes sense that I go to shul late and make the most out of it. At 9:50 I woke up but to see Malki's bed was made all nice and neatly. Who makes their beds on Shab? I mean you're gonna be right back in it after lunch, what's up with that? So I said to myself "this isn't right", I completely demolished this freshly made bed. About a minute later, I realized it would be funnier if I made my bed. And I did just that, I left her side looking like a pig rolled out of it, my side looked like it was made for a queen. I get to shul, just in time for Torah reading (perfect!), and I played it cool, didn't say a word. We get back to our room and Malki takes a look at it and thinks "this doesn't look right", and she made it again. She walks out of the room, and I'm right behind her, and I just quickly messed it up again. She went back in the room for a second to put something down, and she saw that it was undone again. I guess she caught on. And yet, she re-made her bed! Lunch lasted til about 4 in the afternoon. At about 3:30, I slickly went downstairs, this time, I removed all the bedding, sheets, pillows etc, and threw them in a different room. I am quite the prankster. Maybe you had to be there, but take my word for it, it was pretty darn funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home