Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Cream Cheese, Caskets and Costco

As I sit here eating cream cheese with a spoon, I'll share a quick thought. One time I called my good friend Jane*. She missed my call. About 45 minutes went by til she called me back and said "I can't talk now, can I call you back later?" What is that? Just call me at your convenience, don't call to tell me now is not a convenient time. I can come to that conclusion on my own by the very fact she didn't pick up her phone. This day in age we can see who called us, and we can even tell if the person we are trying to reach is on the other line(that hit Israel first, 5 more points for the Jews!), so do us all a favor and don't be that person.
While on the topic of annoying things people do, here's an issue that comes up way too many times during the day. Letting doors close behind you. It doesn't even take a second to turn around and check if there is anyone behind you. A few hours ago I bought a printer from Best Buy. It's probably the best printer out there, aside from the one sitting on my bed that stopped working for no reason-I'll get into that in a future post. The printer weighs about 7 pounds, it's a sleek design, but with the box and all, it's a little bulky. Can you imagine what it feels like when someone doesn't hold the door for you while you're holding a printer? Think about it, taking a look behind to see if someone is coming doesn't take more than 3 seconds out of your busy day. If you're anything like me and get to class late, 3 seconds won't make much of a difference. If you're late you're late. And if you're late because you were holding the door for an old man with a cane in one hand and bottles to recycle in the other, you know your lateness was totally worth it.
Here goes my final thought. I presented an article in class today from last Thursday's Women's Wear Daily about how Viktor&Rolf (these gay designers who design clothing so magnificent, I have never heard of them so I googled them to ensure that I didn't sound like a total idiot) are designing a limited line of wedding apparel for H&M. This line will have gowns for $378 and tuxedos for $189 and it's Viktor&Rolf! This is the 3rd time H&M is doing this; in the past they used Karl Lagerfeld and Stella McCartney and it was a huge success, so keep your eyes open for the television ads.I will close with the comment my professor made "If Costo can sell caskets, H&M can sell wedding gowns." Mazal Tov and thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home